If you don’t find the answer to your financial planning question on this page don’t hesitate to contact us using our contact form, or by giving us a call at 804-557-0903.
We provide ongoing financial planning, enhanced tax planning and preparation, and investment management services to individuals and families.
For business owners, we provide retirement plan design and management services. In addition, we connect business owners to the best CPAs for their industry and assist in the balance between business and personal planning.
For sophisticated family wealth enterprises, we provide independent, unbiased wealth management and family office services.
Anyone seeking objective & comprehensive financial planning, investment, or tax advice. Our clients come from a variety of backgrounds: from new graduates to retirees, small business owners to corporate executives, young parents to grandparents, and anywhere in-between. However, the profile of a typical client might be:
- Middle to high income individuals, families, or business owners
- Good savers who are willing to work at achieving a secure financial future
- Preference for objectivity and honest answers to difficult questions
- Individuals who spend more than they earn, struggle with debt.
- Day traders, stock pickers, looking for a brokerage type relationship.
- Investors who exhibit a follow the herd mentality
Atlas Financial is a founding member of the XY Planning Network. The network is the leading organization of fee-only financial advisors offering affordable and accessible advice to Gen X and Gen Y clients.
Fee-Only advisors are those who are paid solely by the client. They do NOT accept commission on products sold or any other forms of compensation from third parties, eliminating conflicts of interest related to compensation and allowing for objective advice.
No, some other firms have net worth or assets under management minimums, but we believe quality financial planning, investment management, and tax services is for everyone.
Absolutely. Our office is located in Richmond, VA, however we meet with clients across the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. We also work virtually with clients nationwide.
Here are our top five reasons:
1. You prefer to focus on your life’s passions instead of researching investments and spending time trading and rebalancing your investments.
2. You have concerns and fears about losing money in the market, and you need someone to help keep you disciplined when everything seems scary or euphoric, and everyone around you is running in one direction.
3. You want access to institutional investments that are not available to all investors.
4. You sometimes avoid dealing with your money because you don’t enjoy the process or it scares you.
5. You want a third party to give you the comfort that you’re not missing something.
We believe the best investment you’ll ever make is hiring a good, fee-only financial advisor. By helping you consistently make smart financial decisions across all aspects of your life we can add far more to your wealth than we ever could by trying to guess which stock is going to beat the market next year. To determine what you should be investing in, first we have to know what you need your money to do for you, and when you need it to do this task. Then and only then can we begin to match investments to your needs.
With tens of thousands of investments to select from — and more appearing every day — investors face an overwhelming and endless series of choices.
But the real choice is really quite simple.
Instead of trying to beat the market, we believe that you should let the market work for you.
Our Asset Class Investing philosophy offers a prudent, strategic approach designed to help investors achieve their lifetime financial goals.
1. It focuses your investment portfolio on your most important life goals rather than short-term market trends.
2. It is based on science and academic research. It combines the latest discoveries in economics and investing with more than 80 years of market data and insights as well as in-depth studies of investor psychology and behavior.
3. It is a disciplined and structured approach. It helps protect against the common behavioral mistakes that can compromise your long-term financial goals.
We passionately believe that investors can benefit from the sophistication, truer asset class returns and lower costs that can come from adopting a strategic Asset Class Investing approach.
This means you no longer have to spend all your time focused on trying to outguess the market or pick the right managers.
Instead, you can address what matters most — enjoying your life secure in the knowledge that you have a prudent plan in place for achieving your long-term goals.
When you hire us for financial planning services you are not required to move investments to us. When we reach the investment planning portion of the your financial plan we ask if you would like to learn about our investment approach. At that point you have the opportunity to hire us to implement the investment portion of your plan.
Our investment services offer a compelling advantage and of course we hope you would be willing to take an open-minded look.
Our online scheduling software uses a traditional calendar workweek M-F 7:30am to 5pm (ET). By request and as needed, we are happy to schedule weeknight or weekend appointments for individuals who have little flexibility in their schedule (or due to time zone differentials).
We would appreciate the opportunity. Please call us for further information.
Click the button below to schedule your no obligation “Get Acquainted” meeting. Or give us a call at (804) 557-0903.
Ready to get Started?
All of our engagements begin with a free no obligation introduction or second opinion review.